Saturday, June 25, 2011

A visit with friends and a walk.


Today, Hilary and I went to Berkhamstead to visit her sister Jill and husband Howard.  Oh, and George their beloved dog.  We had a lovely visit and then Howard and George accompanied us to Bridgewater Estate for a walk on Ashridge.  The Bridgewater Estate is now a Business College.  The first photo is of Howard, George and Hilary walking ahead of me.  As you can see it was a beautiful area.  The second is a glimpse of what I saw as we walked.  It was muddy on the path because it rained all night, but, the afternoon weather was very comfortable.  George led the way and we enjoyed our time there.
We have been watching Wimbledon on the tele as well as keeping track of the Formula 1 Raceway practice runs.  Hilary is a big fan and gets very emotional when her athletes are under performing.
It is daylight at 4:00 in the morning which is very confusing when you awaken and wonder what time it is and the sun is brightly shining through the window drapes, then you realize that it is only 4 a.m..  It is light until 10:00 in the evening when the sky dims for night fall so, I'm thinking it's earlier than it is.  So, I am still adjusting to the time zone but it doesn't interfere with my fun.
Oh, before I forget, I had fish and chips for dinner.  It was a special request of mine and Hilary complied under protest.  It was delicious but I couldn't eat the batter, too heavy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment